Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Pantheon?

My friend David emailed me the other day. He wanted to know about the Pantheon and if it still existed and why the heck it wasn't mentioned here. The answer is partly the blog's profile takes care of that - except I haven't spent much time working on it. Another reason is I haven't had those kinds of conversations lately - Pantheon kinds of conversations - who is currently in, who is out. David and I used to have those conversations - and I miss them as well as New Mexico where they took place, but I've found the sun shines in other places as well, if to varying degrees. David taught me a lot about writing, even when he wasn't trying. His books can be ordered here

But since he asked - an incomplete Pantheon would include (oh, we're talking about writers here - mostly):
Joan Didion, Sam Shepard, Andre Dubus, Graham Greene, Alice Munro, Raymond Carver, James Salter, Richard Ford (though he goes on and off), Jim Harrison, Tim O'Brien (even though everything after "The Lake in the Woods" is god-awful).

It's a partial list and the list changes with my moods - but don't get me started on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home